Ah week two.
This week was pretty crazy. We had our first official week of class, which means a lot of us were pretty tired because we aren't fully in the hang of things. It wasn't too bad though. We had a pretty great teacher so that probably helped too. This week we were learning about the nature and character of God. One thing we did with this was dissect parts of the Bible. We would take it verse by verse and see what God was like according to those parts of the Bible. We did a lot in the old testament to show us that God has always been the same loving, caring, compassionate, feeling, God who wants our best. We also learned that we were created to love and be in a relationship with Him.We were also talking about roots. We learned about being deeply rooted in the love of God, that way nothing can shake us. We also learned that, if we are deeply rooted in His love, we can help be support systems for other people. It was a really cool thing to look at and discover. A couple of verses we were looking at are Jeremiah 17:5-8, Ephesians 3:14-19, and Psalms 27:4. I'm sure we looked at a lot of others but those are just a few of the main ones. The person who came to speak to us was named Jason and he was really great. He really had a wonderful heart for God and helped us grow a lot. A lot of people say this is the foundational week of your DTS because everything else builds on it. I would say it was a really good foundational week!
This week I also made up a plan for reading my Bible. At the moment I'm reading Jeremiah and Psalms. If I read two of each a day then I will be able to get from Jeremiah to the end of the old testament, and Psalms to Jeremiah by the time I finish. While we were talking this week I also realized that I haven't really ever read through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and I'm also reading one of those a day.
We also got a new book this week. It's called Relationships: The Key to Love, Sex, and Everything Else. We got this book on Tuesday. Admittingly I didn't start until Saturday, but I will finish in time so it is okay. It's not a bad book, and I would recommend reading it. The only thing that I've found wrong with it is it seems to be talking to a general population who have certain ideas about sex and relationships and I do not have these same ideas so those parts are annoying. I've also fallen in love with taking walks with my music. There is a spot where they are going to build a new children home so I'll walk, run, and jump around there. I look like a fool but I do what I feel like I should so I don't care. For some reason it's a great way for me to really see God's face. Him and I go for a walk together, that's what makes it wonderful. (That's also why I emphasized that whole music part. I do not enjoy walking, only with the Lord.: )
We didn't do much else this week, just a lot of class and food. One day we had this amazing meal called enfrijoladas. This usually has cream and cheese but they made mine without. That was SUPER amazing! This weekend was pretty fun too! We like to have a movie night on Friday so we watched She's the Man (in Spanish.) Setting it up was such a hassle, but we all enjoyed it once it was on. We ate a bunch of food and watched the movie. I was so tired I ended up falling asleep. On Saturday we went to a couples house named David and Ale. I felt a bit awkward because I had already eaten. I thought it would be rude not to go, but it's also a little rude not to eat there. They had two kids though who were adorable. We played many games and by the end we were being super silly. (I'm sure the parents appreciated that.) All in all it was a really fun time. When we got home I read and slept for a little before I helped cook dinner. Alex and I cooked hot dogs. I've never seen someone put so much stuff on their hot dog in my life, it was awesome. We made this salsa stuff that was SOOO good. I've been eating it on toast. Sunday we did the usual, go to church, then the mall for lunch, then the grocery store then home. That night we had "sweet bread" for dinner which is pretty much donuts and stuff like that. All in all it was a great week! : D
Today we were suppose to be going to El Paso to help unload a food shipment. Them we were going to go to Wal*Mart. I was SUPER excited because I need to get a few things from Wal*Mart and also need to get some money because I cannot (or at least should not) use my card in Mexico (or maybe I just don't like to either way I don't use it. Plus I like to save my money.) I was also excited because I would be able to use my phone and I wanted to hear some people talking. We got up early and got all ready to go and we were in the car and Ty got a phone call saying that the guy who was going to bring the shipment didn't tell anyone that he was coming, so it didn't come, and we didn't go. It was a bit disappointing but we cleaned the chapel and multipurpose room and now we have some free time until lunch. We are also waiting for our new teacher, Lori (a GIRL!!! : p) to come so we are excited about that.
It was a good week and we've got a good week to come! :D
I know you've only had two posts so far but I'm loving this blog! I love hearing about what you're doing. I love you very much!
ReplyDelete<3, Mary
I second what Mary said. Love you
ReplyDelete