Okay! I am going to attempt to blog about last week but his week is almost over so it may be semi difficult to remember it all. Let's see. Last week's topic was hearing the voice of God and intercession. One thing we focused on a lot was that God desires to speak to us. It is important, as Christians, to desire to speak to Him too. We focused on the importance of knowing God's voice. We need to be able to recognize the voice of God so when someone comes to impersonate it we can recognize the difference. We were also learning about many different ways that God speaks to you. There were eleven ways and it was really helpful! One really awesome thing we go to do after we learned the eleven ways was we chose a name out of a hat and went and asked God what He has for that person. This was really awesome and very encouraging. We also learned that prayer is our most powerful weapon. Honestly we learned a WHOLE bunch this week and it is still processing in my mind. We have started writing in journals and I wrote all about it. I'll have to reread it a couple of times and then write about it. One thing that stuck out to me a lot during the week, though, was when we talked about spiritual warfare. We first talked about the armor of God and how important it is which was awesome. One of the most important things I got out of the armor of God is that all of our armor goes on our front. If we stand and fight the enemy we have a bunch of armor to protect us and a sword to fight with. If we try to turn and run, there is no armor there. That was one thing that impacted me a lot.
So after that teaching we went out "to war" as they said. It was really amazing. The one woman who taught the day before we went out kept saying "we're going to war tomorrow." She kept telling us to make sure we were ready, and stressed that it was a war. What we did was we went around to different places and prayed for the strongholds that took over that place. First we went to a municipal type building. We prayed for people's love of money there and that God would overtake that place. One thing that was really stressed what that we prayed in the name of Jesus. We also used two scriptures to pray which were Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in Heaven and on earth and under the earth." and 1 John 3:8b "The reason the son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work." We would say it is written before each one and declare in Jesus' name. Next we prayed for a radio station. Then we went to the catholic chapel, where there is a lot of idol worship. We prayed for the strongholds over that place. One thing I asked God to do was to move in that place. I wasn't sure if He would or not, but then I thought we were there, so He could move in us. There was this one idol there, it was the idol of loneliness. This made me very sad because they go to an idol and pray for there loneliness to be broken when the only thing that is going to break their loneliness desires their hearts more than anything else in the whole world. It made my heart hurt for God, so I prayed over that too. At one point a woman brought her son up and brought him through the motions, making him touch the idols and bow. I began to cry for this boy. He didn't know any better, he couldn't have been more than six. I prayed for his soul, and I claimed his soul for the Lord. I told God that that boy was His. One thing God showed me when I was writing this in my journal was that I had to continue to pray for that boy. One other thing that happened while I was there was, when I was praying, I looked up for a second at one of the idols who was right next to where I was sitting. It appeared as though this idol was starring me down. I looked at it and had fear for about a second and then I said no, you can't look at me and you cannot do anything to me and I began to pray against it. Later, in the van, one of the other students said he felt as though they were staring at him, almost as though they were moving. The woman who was leading said that behind every idol there is a demon. I am still investigating where it says that in the Bible but it doesn't seem like a crazy thought. After that we went to a statue of one of the past presidents who had some demonic symbols on it. We prayed for that and the city while we were there, and we walked around the statue. The last place we stopped was the idola de muerte (idol of death.) They worship "her" a lot for a lot of different reasons. Actually one of the leaders told me that they actually ask permission from God if it is okay to worship it. I asked what their confirmation was and he said pretty much asking was their confirmation. I thought that was super crazy. We didn't actually go into this place, but we parked outside of it and prayed over it. It was nice because there we prayed out loud as a group. The spiritual strongholds there were insane. I think I felt them the strongest there and at the chapel. We returned just about in time for lunch and we were all very tired.
That weekend we didn't do too much. Just read and watched movies, the usual. On Sunday we went to a church that meets in the chapel. I think we got there a little early so it felt super long, but there were a lot of children so that was awesome. : )
All together it was a really great week! : D
No comments:
Post a Comment